6/2/14

UNCLE RUSSELL'S 50TH





My boyfriend's dad turned 50 in April so his family has been planning a surprise birthday party for him on Kauai for the past couple months. He is a very simple, private man so if he knew a party was in the works he would be very against it. But all of his family and friends were more than willing to lend a helping hand and plan this party. Uncle Russell's family and friends made all of the food, favors (Chili Pepper Water, Hawaiian Salt and Cookies from the Big Island), desserts (cake and rice pudding), decorations, invitations everything. I truly saw how much love everyone had for him and his family from all of the generosity that went into this party.

The best part of the whole party was the food. It was everything you could imagine and more. The pupus was a meal in itself. There was sushi, smoked meat, calamari, sheep, fried fish, watercress salad, won ton and Chinese Style Fish. After a plate of the pupus I was full already. But the main course came out which consisted of kalua pig, roast pork, lomi salmon, rice, mac salad, raw crab, opihi, chicken long rice, pineapples, and garlic shrimp. Needless to say the food at this party was out of this world and it was all prepared by his family.

It was a nice event to be at with the live music, great food and great company. I am lucky to have met my boyfriend who comes from such a great family. Everyone tells me how much they hate seeing their in laws or their other half's family, but I truly love them like my own. I am so blessed.

xo. Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment