11/6/14

OREGON VS. STANFORD

I always try to make it a point to go to at least two University of Oregon Football Games. So it was a no brainer to choose the Stanford Game as one of the two. If you are a football fan, you would know that Oregon has lost to Stanford two years in a row but I wanted to watch them beat those odds this year.


So my mom and I flew out of Friday for the Saturday Game. We made the long two hour drive down to Eugene from Portland. We had to stop at Panera Bread on our way. We both got their seasonal Pumpkin Spice Latte and I must say it was delicious. I actually liked it better than Starbuck's PSL. Oops sorry Starbucks lovers. But this is definitely a must try if you are a Pumpkin lover like myself.





After the long drive and only a short time before kick off, I wanted to explore the area a bit. Being from Hawaii, we only have one season all year round. And that is 80 degrees give or take with either sunshine or rain. So experiencing true fall weather is always fascinating to me. I love the nippy weather and when the leaves change to a red, orange and yellow color. I was the only silly Hawaii girl out there playing in the leaves but I didn't care. It was beautiful and I wanted to take the time to appreciate something that I don't get to see on a daily basis. I mean come on now, if this doesn't get you into the holiday spirit I don't know what will.


So off to the game we went. We got to the game about 2 hours early to experience the football player march and cheer performance. It is always fun to see my sister and watch her do what she loves. Watching a really good football game is always a perk as well. 


If you didn't know, Oregon beat Stanford. FINALLY! It was a great game to watch and experience live. There is nothing like watching the game live with the fans and high energy. Oregon fans are like any other. Scoducks as the Oregonians say.

xo. Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment