11/11/14

PINEAPPLE ROOM

Finally, a day off! College is getting pretty stressful with projects, test, homework, midterms, etc. So you can imagine my excitement having a day off from school, work and my internship. Because of this rare occasion, my mom and I went out to a special lunch. We went to Alan Wong's Pineapple Room. I have gone here for breakfast and dinner but never lunch.


Luckily, there was no wait so we got seated right away. I started off my meal with Alan Wong's signature plantation iced tea. This is one of the better iced teas in my opinion. 



My mom and I were hungry but not super hungry so we shared an entree. We got the lunch special, which comes with a kalua pig sandwich, soup, salad and dessert. One of my favorite things to get from Pineapple room is the kalua pig french onion soup. There is a healthy serving of kalua pig and caramelized onions. My mouth is already starting to water just typing about it. It is a bit on the salty side so if you aren't a fan of salty this may not be for you. The sandwich was humongous! But very tasty. 



If our lunch wasn't filling enough, we were on to dessert. If you know me, you know I always save room for dessert because I have a sweet tooth. The strawberry tiramisu came with our meal but we ordered the Halo Halo tapioca as well. The strawberry tiramisu had white chocolate crunch bar as the crust with fresh strawberries and cream. I am a huge fan of Alan Wong's chocolate crunch so I was excited to try the white chocolate crunch. I am not much of a tiramisu fan but I must admit it was delicious. 

But the Halo Halo tapioca was to die for. This is a dessert I always come back for. The dessert comes with coconut tapioca, an array of fruit, azuki beans and coconut flavored shave ice on top. It is such a refreshing treat after a rather heavy, filling dessert. I have a Veteran's Day off .. Any lunch suggestions?

xo. Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment