1/29/15

CHADLOU'S KAILUA


As you all know, my best friend's name is Anela. Yes she is the one who used to live in Arizona and just recently got married. And yes I said USED to live in Arizona because she finally moved back home. You can imagine my excitement to have my best friend within driving distance from me. So when she got back we got together for a sunrise hike date. We went to Lanikai Pillboxes, which is a hike I enjoy because it is relatively easy and there is a nice view from the top. So after we were done with the hike (which had a lot of girl talk)  we wanted to try a new place rather than the same spots we normally go to. So we stumbled on Chadlou's in Kailua. 


This place is definitely a hidden gem. Anela is a coffee lover and I am a tea lover. Although, I am starting to give coffee a chance. I am not quite hooked but i'll sip on it. Anyways, Chadlou's has both coffee and tea so we were sold. Chadlou's has a breakfast menu with bagel sandwiches, waffles, etc. There are sandwiches offered for lunch. And a case of pastries like muffins, cookies, etc. Did I mention that the cookies can be made into ice cream cookie sandwiches. Best believe I will be back for one of those. Y'all know how much I love cookies and ice cream.

The vibe here was amazing. I felt like I was in a cafe somewhere in downtown Portland. Everyone was extremely laid back, doing their own thing whether it be homework, listening to music, reading. It was an amazing place to hang out especially with your best friend.  
  

I ordered a Warm Lavender Tea Latte and Anela ordered a iced mocha. I must say both were to die for. I love a joint in Costa Mesa, California called Milk and Honey, which has thee best Lavender iced latte I have ever had but this is definitely a close second. But what makes this better is I don't have to hop on a plane to get one. Score! Also, Anela's iced mocha was actually really good as well. I was contemplating ordering one to go.

This is a joint that I will definitely come back too. I am anxious to try more items on their menu. Plus Chadlou's gets two thumbs up for putting their drinks in mason jars. Everything tastes better in a mason jar. This place is a diamond in the rough.

xo. Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment