2/12/15

PANIOLOS

Have no fear, Chipote is finally here. Well not really but something kinda like it. Paniolo's, which was started by the same owners as the ever so popular salad joint, Aloha Salads. I heard about Paniolo's through a dear friend who just so happens to work there. Paniolo's is located in Lanikai right next to Aloha Salad's.


The concept of Paniolo's is quite similar to Chipotle. If you never heard of Chipotle, no worries because I will walk you through the process. First you pick if you want a burrito, taco or a bowl. These all range from $8-$10. I normally go for the bowls but that's just me. Then you pick your meat. I go with chicken but I have heard the Paniolo steak (local beef that is slow cooked to perfection) is good as well. The Paniolo steak is on my hit list next time I go. 


The next step of the process is picking your toppings. There are choices ranging from 2 types of rice, lettuce, cheese, grilled veggies, 2 types of beans, cilantro, onion, 4 types of salsa, sour cream, guacamole (extra charge), etc. I highly suggest just pilling these toppings on since there is no limit to how many toppings you get. It's vegetables so it's healthy right?


I always like to get fresh chips, salsa and guacamole with my order. It is perfect for dipping.


So here is my creation. It doesn't look all that attractive but boy is it delicious. I have to be honest, I was not quite a huge mexican fan before trying these types of bowls. If you are not familiar with Chipotle, be familiar with Paniolo's. This is heaven sent. What I love about Paniolo's is that their food is locally grown and raised. This is from the veggies to the tortillas to the meat. I am a huge advocate of supporting local so this makes me love the food even more. Please go try Paniolo's! It is for your own good. 

xo. Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment