4/28/14

CIRCUS DREAMS


Since I was a newbie to the Iolani Fair, I didn't quite know what to expect. But overall, my first experience was a great one. It is a very family orientated event for people of all ages to get together and have a nice time. It was small and not crowded like Punahou carnival, which was nice. It gave my mom, sister and I the chance to walk around and have a good time. 

What we came for was the food. Having friends from Iolani all I hear about is how the food is amazing. And it did not disappoint. There was many different choices, which made my decision hard. Anything from Hawaiian plate, Korean plate, steak and shrimp plate, to gourmet food (creme brûlée, sansei, roys, etc.), turkey leg, chili and much much more. 


I knew for sure that I wanted to get some garlic fries. It is not a very healthy choice, but oh was it delicious. 


My mom and I shared a huli beef sandwich with au jus on the side. It was very soft and had great flavor.


We also shared a fried noodles. It was the traditional noodles that I have always loved.


My little sister had the famous KC Waffle hot dog. It was just the way I remembered it as a child. 


Lastly, before we left we got Malasadas. No carnival is complete without these sugary babies. 

I will definitely be back next year to take part in this fair again. It was very nicely done and the food was great. I liked walking around the different booths, hearing the live music and having a great time with my family. Can't wait until next year.

xo. Laur






No comments:

Post a Comment