4/7/14

KENKO YA

Since Micah and I had to wait around in Kaneohe until Junior Prom was over, we wanted to eat somewhere distinctly in the 44. We were supposed to eat Chinese food at one of my favorite Chinese restaurant of all time located in Kaneohe but of course plans change. So we ended up going to Kenko Ya, which is a small Japanese restaurant in Kaneohe Bay Shopping Center. No complaints on my end about the change of plans because I absolutely love Japanese food.

Micah and I decided to get the combination meal, which was only $15 each. The combination comes with miso soup, vegetables, salad, rice and a choice of 2 entrees. Choosing two items from a list of twelve was a chore for me considering I was starving. It was like going grocery shopping on an empty stomach .. Everything sounded good. But with a little help from the waitress, I ended up choosing the mochiko chicken and misoyaki butterfish. And oh was I glad I did. Micah had the chicken katsu and teriyaki chicken.

Let me start off by saying that the service was great. The staff was very nice and the food came out relatively quick. We got our miso soup and vegetables a couple minutes after ordering. The miso soup was yummy and authentic. It tasted just like the miso soup I had in Japan. When we got our main dishes, I was super excited to dig right in. The misoyaki butterfish and mochiko chicken had a lot of flavor and was cooked perfectly. The fish was not rubbery and the chicken had a perfect crunch on the outside. The portion sizes were generous and the price was great considering everything that came with the meal.

This unexpected change of plans turned out to be a fabulous date night. Kenko Ya is definitely a place I will put on my list of places to come back to. And nothing beats getting your moneys worth for good eats.

xo. Laur


No comments:

Post a Comment