4/9/14

OCEAN EXPO: ROCSEA CREATIONS

On Sunday, I went to the Ocean Expo at the Blaisdell with Micah and Mason. Since these two have a mad love for boats, fishing and the ocean it was only fit that this is how we would spend our Sunday afternoon. I thought this outing would be such a drag and not fun for me at all but to my surprise I had a good time.

There were a lot of boats, lures, fishing poles, spears etc that Micah was kind enough to explain to me a bit about. There was a lot of food booths such as Fresh Catch, Giovanni Shrimp and Rainbows Drive Inn that made the exhibition hall smell yummy. But tucked away in the back of the Expo was a whole section of local swimwear and handmade jewelry booths that had my name written all over it.

I made my way through the booths and stumbled across a booth called RocSea Creations. It is handmade jewelry made by Roxanne Hong. She makes bangles, sunrise shell jewelry, necklaces, earrings, rings and the list continues. Roxanne makes good quality jewelry for a reasonable price.

While browsing through her vast collection of products, I knew I had to get at least one bangle from Roxanne. I have quite a collection of bangles and I think they are a perfect compliment to any outfit.  Even though it was the last day of the Ocean Expo there were a lot to choose from and each bangle was only $10 each. I wasn't lying about the affordable prices. This was a steal! As you all know, I am a big advocate for buying local so this bangle purchase from Roxanne was even more satisfying knowing I am helping out a local business.

xo. Laur


No comments:

Post a Comment