4/22/14

PIKES MARKET EATS

Pikes Market is known for it's fresh produce but it has unbelievable eats that not everyone knows about. I have found three wonderful places that I can't wait to revisit.




The first new place that I discovered was The Confectional. The Confectional serves up nothing other than Cheesecake. This bakery is small and I mean small. It is probably the size of a Studio in New York City. But that doesn't stop them from producing amazing cheesecake. The Confectional was started by two best friends who are passionate about their cheesecake. Each cheesecake is made with cage free chicken eggs, no hydrogenated oils and Maria biscuit from Spain. I had the caramel Cheesecake and it was probably one of the best I had ever tasted. The caramel flavor was just right with the traditional thick crust. My mom and sister had a Seattle New York Style Cheesecake and a Quadruple Chocolate Cheesecake. Those did not disappoint either. If you love cheesecake this place is definitely a must try. 


Next for all you Starbucks lovers, I have visited the original Starbucks located in Pikes Market. They are keeping it traditional and doing everything like the first day they opened from the coffee to the interior design. The line was crazy long and out the door because everyone wanted to get a cup of joe from the place where it all began. Starbucks has become one of Americas favorite coffee joint and to go to its original store was something I will never forget. What a fun place to be if you are a Starbucks lover like me. This was one for the books. 




Next on my eating frenzy, I tried a new place called The Crumpet Shop. If you're anything like me, you are probably asking yourself What is a Crumpet? It is a English Griddle Cake that in my opinion is a crossover between an English Muffin and a pancake. When walking into the shop, I was instantly in love with the wonderful smell. While watching the workers make the crumpets, I had the pleasure of meeting the owner. Robin Lasater took over the shop a few years ago from his parents who started the shop over 30 years ago. This has been a family business for many years and Rob is doing a great job. He was extremely nice guy and convinced me to get my first crumpet. The crumpets now are all organic, which made my first experience that much better. There were many flavors from lox, to marmalade and much more. I stuck to the traditional crumpet with butter and honey. It was only $2 and was delicious. This place is definitely on my list of places to return to.

xo. Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment