5/12/14

ICHIRIKI





My co-workers and I got together for a end of the school year dinner. We wanted to try something new that would guarantee us a great experience so we went to Ichiriki. It is a Japanese restaurant that specializes in Nabe, which is Japanese Hot Pot. Ichiriki also has Shabu Shabu or Sukiyaki.

I got the rib eye set that comes with thinly sliced rib eye, an array of vegetables, salmon, shrimp, chicken, meat balls, sausage, tofu, rice and noodles (ramen, udon or zosui). Next I chose my broth. Ichiriki has 10+ different broths but I stuck with the classic Ichiriki shoyu based broth, which is the best seller.

Since it is hot pot you have to make your own food. But this is all apart of the fun experience. Somehow, when you make your own food it tastes better knowing that you made it. Or maybe that's just me. But the workers bring out the pot full of broth and place it on the burner in front of you. They then bring out the plate of raw vegetables and meat to cook. You throw everything into the pot and wait until it is cook thoroughly and then enjoy. I throw my meat and veggies in parts so I have time to eat and my food isn't just sitting in the pot.

I had a great time catching up with my co workers while eating amazing food. The food at Ichiriki will not disappoint. The broths are exceptional and the meat and veggies are of high quality. I can't wait to go back again and partake in such a fun eating experience. I am hooked. This was a great way to start my weekend.

xo. Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment